Many small business owners believe their organization is too small to afford or benefit from a quality employee assistance program. But employees with personal problems do not confine themselves to only large companies. To make matters worse, small business owners often experience the negative impact of declining workplace performance, increased absenteeism, or health care claims to a greater degree than their larger counterparts. Put simply, small business employers know how important it is to have every employee fully functioning.
When a small business offers its employee a mental health benefit plan, it can be a step in the right direction. But a traditional mental health benefit will only cover serious conditions that are severe enough to warrant a diagnosis. Furthermore, the focus of any counseling or treatment is rarely on how the personal problem is impacting workplace performance. By working directly with managers and employees, our Small Business EAP will provide consulting and short-term counseling services that specifically focus on identifying strategies to improve workplace performance.
Memorial Employee Assistance Services created its Small Business EAP to offer the same quality EAP services we provide to larger companies, but at an affordable annual flat-rate price. This allows you to pick and choose the services that will benefit your organization the most. Pricing for our Small Business EAP service ranges from $1,500 to $3,000 annually for employers with less than 50 employees. Among the services that can be included are:
- 24-hour, toll-free access to an intake counselor
- Unlimited telephonic crisis counseling
- Up to six face-to-face or telephonic counseling sessions annually per eligible employee/dependent
- Unlimited management consultation for employee behavioral health and workplace performance concerns
- Case management and compliance monitoring for formal and mandatory EAP referrals due to workplace performance concerns
- On-site wellness education and seminars
- Customized promotional materials
- Access to web-based behavioral health resources
- Monthly employee and supervisor newsletters
- Customized utilization reporting
- Dedicated account management
To learn more about how MEAS can benefit your small business, contact an account executive, call 888-817-8989, or e-mail us.