Memorial Employee Assistance Services can assist you with regulations
and improve working conditions by developing or enhancing your
company's substance abuse policy and program, including:
- Implementing a training program to help you effectively recognize and manage a chemically impaired employee.
- Providing consulting services to customize a drug/alcohol policy to your unique setting.
- Conducting comprehensive substance abuse assessments for your employees and their families.
- Providing long-term case management to minimize the chance of relapse and accidents.
How Does It Work?
Companies who have a substance abuse policy or drug testing program
should provide a professional and neutral assessment and follow-up
process. This includes:
- Assessment of treatment needs for employees who test positive or who violate your policy.
- Referral to covered providers when chemical dependency treatment is appropriate.
- Ongoing care management of the employee's degree of compliance with any recommended treatment.
- Facilitating written continued employment agreement for employees who have been relieved of duty.
- Providing a written statement to the appropriate company official regarding the employee's degree of compliance.